A/C will not shut off

Moderator: Founder

A/C will not shut off

Postby CWGunns » 18 Oct 2013, 08:25

Can anyone give me something to look at?!! I have disconnected the fan switch and the rear fan unit still comes on (M1167). I disconnected the two circuit breakers next to the battery box and it turns them off. BUT, what send those circuit breakers power? The TM is very vague and doesnt show actual wire numbers. With everything in the off postion, if I connect the batteries; the fans will come on. Even with the PCB disconnected (inside cab), if I connect the batteries the fans still come on. Does anyone have any suggestions?
CWGunns
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Re: A/C will not shut off

Postby SgtCathers » 21 Oct 2013, 21:32

I ran through the TM with what it sounds like the answers would be. I got REPLACE THE ENGINE CONNECTOR HARNESS.
GO TO STEP 1, PAGE 2-76 TO CONTINUE TESTING. I'll try to get out to a truck and trace the wire a little bit later and see if I can find where it routes through.
SgtCathers
It's Already Fixed

Postby CWGunns » 22 Oct 2013, 13:42

I have tore this truck apart, it only has 207 miles on it. I think I narrowed it to the CB next to the rear A/C dryer (right next to the fuel fill tube). There is power going to it, and it stays open the whole time. It never closes, going to continue to troubleshoot. The more crap they put on these trucks the worse they are, what happened to the good ol' 998's?!!!!!
CWGunns
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Postby Grandpa3523 » 07 Apr 2015, 07:36

YOU HAVE A SHORTED FAN RELAY, THE REAR ONE IS LOCATED IN THE REAR EVAP BOX AND THE OTHER IS UNDER THE FUEL FILLER NECK ON THE REC/DRIER BRACKET. OHM THE LARGE WIRES WITH THE RELAY COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED. IF YOU GET CONTINUITY ON THE LARGE WIRES REPLACE THAT RELAY. 01-536-6091.
3523/3521/0411 MECHANIC FOR 39+ YEARS RECERTIFIED ASE MASTER/L1
"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ
and the American G.I. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom."
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!
Grandpa3523
Walking TM
Walking TM

Postby 4U2NV » 09 Feb 2016, 11:16

What TM did you use for troubleshooting A/C for the Armored HMMWV's?
BEAT IT TO FIT, WELD IT TO HOLD, PAINT IT TO MATCH
4U2NV
Walking TM
Walking TM

Postby Grandpa3523 » 01 Dec 2016, 11:56

4U2NV If you are asking me about the TM, I used the wiring diagram for the first one I had that way and all electrical issues. Don't worry with a "Trouble shooting guide", they will only confuse you. look is the wiring diagram and isolate only the effected wiring in question. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stuff, DC electrical is easy if you look at the "EFFECTED" wiring and forget all the unwanted info in the diagram.
3523/3521/0411 MECHANIC FOR 39+ YEARS RECERTIFIED ASE MASTER/L1
"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ
and the American G.I. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom."
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!
Grandpa3523
Walking TM
Walking TM

Postby Petz » 24 Oct 2017, 16:07

I know this is old, but if you have so few miles on a truck and or recently received it from the IIP or whomever feeds you new gear, do a PQDR so the program office gets notified. I've had this situation with 7-tons getting refurbed and they sent a team to go back through the vehicle and fixed all the issues they identified. They can't fix it if they don't know it's broken.
Petz
It's Already Fixed

Return to Electrical